Comprehensive Repair Service
To obtain optimum performance and operate efficiently, a propeller must be in top condition at all times. Any distortion from its true shape or imbalance can cause:- vibration, loss of thrust, engine damage, drive train damage, increased fuel usage and a general lowering of the boat’s performance. To ensure a propeller operates to its optimum, it is essential that it is regularly serviced much like a periodic car service.
Austral has sophisticated repair equipment and the expertise to recondition and modify propellers, of all types and makes, up to 84″ (2134mm) diameter. In addition to general blade repairs we have specialised hydraulic pitch altering machines which can increase or decrease pitch on sand cast propellers, diameter can be reduced, damaged sections can be welded into a blade and cupping can be added or repaired.
Propeller Performance Modifications and Pitch Verification
Our propeller repair/recondition services include the ability to modify existing propellers to the international standard ISO 484/2 Class 1 and S using the latest PropScan® computerised pitch verification and measuring equipment.. Such remanufacturing of a propeller will eliminate propeller vibration, increase fuel efficiency and optimize speeds obtained by the available horsepower. Detailed reporting of propeller blade pitch characteristics, both before and after modification, ensure you can be confident the propeller is highly accurate and is providing the optimum performance. Initial computerized pitch measurement and sizing/modification suggestions are available free of charge – performance modification prices are quoted according to level of alteration required.
Propeller Repair and Alteration Services
- All types and makes of propellers reconditioned
- Inboard propeller recondition to 84″ (2134mm) diameter
- Alteration of pitch up or down to 84″ (2134mm) diameter
- Diameter reduction up to 96″ (2438mm) diameter
- Blade shapes can be modified as required
- Damaged sections can be welded into blades
- Cupping can be added to most propellers
- Computerised electronic balancing service
- Computerised dynamic balancing
- Repolishing of highly finished propellers
- PropScan® computerised pitch verification
- Computer printed reports of pitch accuracy